Orange Marshmallow Sauce
- 1/4 pound marshmallows
- 1 orange, juiced, and grated rind
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup cream, whipped
- 7/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoon water
- Cut marshmallows finely and let stand in orange juice.
- Place unbeaten egg white,
cream of tartar, sugar and water in top of double boiler. While the water boils
vigorously underneath, beat with a rotary beater until the mixture is white and
- Stir in marshmallows and fruit mixture.
- When cool, add whipped cream just