Peanut Butter Ice Cream Topping
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons light Karo syrup
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- Combine all ingredients except peanut butter and cook over medium heat, stirring
until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat
and stir in peanut butter. Stir until smooth and cool to room temperature.
- Use immediately
or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- This topping is too thick when cold, so reheat using a double boiler over hot,
but not boiling, water.
Serves 6 to 8.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.