As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cream or evaporated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla or rum extract
- Dash of nutmeg
- Combine butter sugar and cream in saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally,
10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Do not allow sauce to boil.
- Stir in extract and nutmeg.
- Serve hot or cold over ice cream, bread pudding, gingerbread, rice pudding, vanilla
pudding, mincemeat pie or squares of warm cake.
Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Topping Recipes