Serve on ice cream, plain cake, bread pudding or rice pudding.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Combine first five ingredients and 1 cup water in small saucepan.
- Add sugar mixed with cornstarch and salt. Bring to boil, stirring, and
simmer 5 minutes. Add rum and blend well.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- Reheat to serve.
Makes 2 cups.