Sauteed Fruit Topping
A fantastic recipe for summer time or any festive occasion, utilizing the fruits
of the season. You can use any summer fruit or combination such as mango, cantaloupe,
honeydews, bananas, kiwi and strawberries, adding softer fruits last.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup strawberries,
- 1 cup other mixed fruit (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 12 good shakes (3 tablespoons) cinnamon
- 1 lemon,
- 2 tablespoons sherry or rum (optional)
- Ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar
- Add lemon and cinnamon and stir while adding rum or liquor, if you wish.
Stir until bubbly.
- Add mid-ripe (not over-ripe) bananas and saut till bananas are just beginning
to get limp.
- Add softer fruit such as melons, kiwi or strawberries and simmer and
stir for only another 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately over ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Makes 8-10 servings.
Posted by GramCracker at Recipe Goldmine 11/4/2001 8:32 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Topping Recipes