Stabilized Colored Whipped Cream
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatine
- 2 cups whipping cream, very cold
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract*
- Gel food color
* Any flavor extract will work.
- Chill the mixing bowl and whisk attachment before beginning the recipe.
- Add the water to a microwave safe bowl and sprinkle the unflavored gelatine on top. Allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Transfer the gelatin mixture to the microwave and microwave until the gelatin is fully dissolved, this will just take about 5-10 seconds. Stir the mixture, then set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, combine the heavy whipping cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract. Add the gel food coloring until the color you want is achieved. Whip the mixture until it starts to thicken and soft peaks form, then turn the mixer to low speed. Slowly pour in the gelatin mixture until well combined. Increase the mixer to medium speed and continue mixing until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe the whipped cream on your favorite dessert and refrigerate the dessert until ready to serve.
Recipe and photo credit: C&H Sugar