Good spooned over leftover fruit cake or pound cake and topped with whipped cream
and a dash of nutmeg.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (5.33 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons whiskey
- Combine all ingredients except whiskey in top of double boiler. Place over boiling
water and cook, stirring well, until thick.
- Keep warm until serving time or make
ahead and keep in the refrigerator.
- Do not add whiskey until just before serving.
Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Topping Recipes