Almond Pound Cake Raspberry Trifle
This sophisticated dessert is definitely a crowd pleaser. Sometimes known as "tipsy parson"
or "drunken cake," we substituted the classic sherry for an almond liqueur. For a speedy trifle, bake our
Almond Pound Cake and toast the almonds the day before.
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh raspberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup almond flavored liqueur
- 1 Almond Pound Cake
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1 cup toasted almonds
- Place thawed raspberries, fresh raspberries, 1/2 cup of the confectioners'
sugar and liqueur in bowl. Mix to dissolve sugar and combine flavors. Set aside.
- Cut all brown sides off pound cake. Cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- Beat heavy cream until it starts to thicken. Add remaining 1/2 cup of
confectioners' sugar and extract. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Layer dish with cake, raspberry mixture and whipped cream. Sprinkle
whipped cream with almonds and repeat layers until trifle is complete. Cover
and chill for 1-12 hours before serving.
25 min to assemble | 1 12 hr to rest | 12 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Odense
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.