This recipe is easy and is absolutely delicious.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Cool Whip topping (8 ounce container)
- 24 ladyfingers (7 ounce package)
- 3/4 cup strong coffee
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced blanched almonds
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar in medium-size bowl until light and creamy,
3 to 4 minutes.
- Beat in amaretto and vanilla extract.
- Fold whipped topping into cream-cheese mixture.
- Arrange half of ladyfingers in dish just large enough to hold them in one layer,
such as a 9-inch square casserole dish. Sprinkle with half the coffee. Top with
half the cream-cheese mixture, spreading smooth. Sprinkle with half the cocoa.
the remaining ladyfingers over cocoa. Sprinkle with remaining coffee. Top with remaining
cream-cheese mixture, smoothing the top. Sprinkle with remaining cocoa.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and sliced almonds.
Posted by Lynsue at Recipe Goldmine 7:55:58pm 10/17/03.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.