Angelic Peach Trifle
- 1 (13 ounce) angel food cake
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained (reserve juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (2-cup size)
- 1 (8 ounce) container peach yogurt
- 3 tablespoons natural sliced almonds
- Cube cake and arrange one-third of the cubes in a 2-quart clear glass serving
- Oarsely chop peaches.
- Measure 6 tablespoons reserved syrup. Add to peaches with almond extract.
- Pour milk into deep, narrow bowl. Add pudding mix, along with whipped topping
mix. Beat until thickened.
- Fold in yogurt.
- Spoon one-third peach mixture over layer
of cake cubes in dish and one-third pudding mixture over peaches.
- Repeat layers, ending with pudding.
- Sprinkle top with almonds.
- Chill 4 hours or overnight.