Apple Spice Cake Trifle
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups cinnamon applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 7 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 large box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, applesauce, eggs and oil; beat on medium
speed of electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near
the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, cook pie filling, butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon until butter
is melted; stir until well blended.
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk, pudding mix, topping mix and remaining cinnamon.
Beat on high until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spread a third of the topping in a 6-quart clear glass bowl.
- Cut cake into cubes; place half over topping. Top with half of the fruit mixture,
walnuts and pudding mixture.
- Repeat layers, ending with remaining topping mixture.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
Yields 20 to 24 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.