Bacardi Rum Trifle
- 1 (3 ounce) box (92 g) regular vanilla pudding
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) Bacardi White or Gold rum, divided
- 4 (2.5 cm) thick slices pound cake
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raspberry jam
- 1 (10 ounce) package (300 g) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) confectioners' sugar
- Kiwi fruit slices for garnish
- Cook pudding and milk according to package directions. Stir in 2 tablespoons (30 mL) Bacardi White or Gold rum.
- Place a cake slice in
each of 4 dessert dishes or glasses. Top each with 2 tablespoons (30 mL) jam. Reserve
1 tablespoon (15 mL) rum. Pour remaining rum over cake slices. Spoon 1/2 cup (125
mL) pudding into each glass. Spoon raspberries over pudding.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- To serve, whip cream with icing sugar and reserved 1 tablespoon (15 mL) rum.
Top each trifle with a spoonful of cream. Garnish with kiwi slices.