Banana Pudding Trifle
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 5 firm bananas, sliced
- Chopped walnuts
- In a medium saucepan, combine flour and brown sugar; stir in milk. Cook and stir
over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Gradually stir about 1 cup hot mixture into egg yolks. return all to
saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat;
stir in butter and vanilla extract.
- Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in the whipped cream. Layer a third of the pudding in a 2-quart glass bowl;
top with half of the bananas.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining pudding. Sprinkle
with nuts if desired.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Yield: 8 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.