- 3 packages ladyfingers
- 1 pound Ricotta cheese
- 2 (1/2 pint) containers whipping cream
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box chocolate pudding mix
- Cold espresso coffee, rum or chocolate milk
- 1/4 cup ground nuts (optional)
- Make chocolate pudding and cool. Line 8 x 10-inch pan with ladyfinger halves.
Sprinkle ladyfingers with liquid of your choice (coffee, rum or chocolate milk).
- Strain Ricotta cheese through sieve. Mix with confectioners' sugar, vanilla
extract, nuts and chocolate chips. Beat well with wooden spoon.
- Whip 1 carton of whipping cream until stiff, then fold cream into Ricotta mix.
Spread this mixture on the moistened ladyfingers, then add another layer of ladyfinger
halves on top of Ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with chosen liquid.
- Beat remaining carton of whipping cream until stiff. Fold this into completely
cooled chocolate pudding. Spread this mixture over other layer of ladyfingers and
refrigerate 5 to 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve sprinkle top of cake with confectioners' sugar and cut