Caramel Apple Trifle
This is great for a covered dish dinner or large family get-together.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 6 cups cold milk
- 3 (3.4 ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 2 (16 ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using 2 greased 9-inch
round baking pans.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, pudding mixes and apple pie spice for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or soft set.
- Cut one cake layer if necessary to fit evenly in 8-quart punch bowl.
- Poke holes in cake with a long wooded skewer; gradually pour a third of caramel
topping over cake.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans and spread with half of pudding mix.
- Spoon 1 can of pie filling over pudding; spread with 1 carton of whipped topping.
- Top with remaining cake and repeat layers.
- Drizzle with remaining caramel topping
and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Yield: 42 servings
Shared by recipegoldmine.com by Treva.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.