- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 1/2 cups shortbread cookies (about 30 2-inch cookies)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Grated chocolate for garnish (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- In large mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, sour
cream and coffee liqueur; mix well. Mixture will be very thin but will set up after chilling. Set aside.
- In container of blender or food processor, process cookies in small batches until
- Remove 6 cherries from filling; reserve for garnish.
- To assemble dessert, spoon 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese mixture into each of
6 (8-ounce) parfait or stemmed glasses. Add 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs to each
glass; top each with 2 tablespoons cherry filling.
- Repeat ricotta, crumb and cherry
layers. Finish each serving with an equal portion of remaining cheese mixture.
- Chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- Garnish with reserved cherries, grated chocolate and mint leaves, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.