Chocolate Chip Trifle
This layered dessert, inspired by an English classic, is a medley of cookies,
fresh fruit and a creamy, custard-like filling.
- 1 (18 ounce) package Nestle Toll House Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 2 cups fat free milk
- 2 (3.4 ounce) boxes instant vanilla or chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 (12 ounce) containers frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 quarts sliced fresh strawberries or raspberries
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Fresh strawberries or raspberries (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut cookie dough in half lengthwise and then in half again lengthwise, for a
total of 4 pieces. Cut cookie dough into 2 1/2-inch logs, ending with 16. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Beat milk and pudding mix in large bowl until blended. Fold whipped topping into
- Crumble 6 cookies. Sprinkle 3/4 of crumbled cookies on bottom of deep 10-inch
glass serving dish. Top with 1/3 of pudding mixture. Place strawberries over pudding.
Stand remaining 10 cookies, face side out, along the inside of dish. Place remaining
pudding mixture over strawberries. Top with remaining crushed cookies.
- Cover; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with mint leaves and strawberries.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestle and meals.com
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.