Chocolate Rum Trifle
- 1 chocolate sponge cake
- 1 large jar cherry or strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup rum
- 2 or 3 boxes custard or chocolate pudding
- Pet or Carnation evaporated milk
- Split sponge cake. Spread with cherry or strawberry jam. Soak with rum.
- Custard: Prepare according to package directions, but use Pet or Carnation milk
instead of fresh milk. It is creamier.
- Cool custard and pour on split and soaked cake arranged in glass bowl.
- Just before serving, top with fresh whipped cream.
- Shave chocolate over whipped cream with potato peeler and serve.