Chocolate Rum Trifle
- 1 chocolate sponge cake
- 1 large jar cherry or strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup rum
- 2 or 3 boxes custard or chocolate pudding
- Pet or Carnation evaporated milk
- Split sponge cake. Spread with cherry or strawberry jam. Soak with rum.
- Custard: Prepare according to package directions, but use Pet or Carnation milk
instead of fresh milk. It is creamier.
- Cool custard and pour on split and soaked cake arranged in glass bowl.
- Just before serving, top with fresh whipped cream.
- Shave chocolate over whipped cream with potato peeler and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.