Make this the night before serving and refrigerate overnight.
- 1 (16 ounce) pound cake, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) jar fudge ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 6 (1 3/16 ounce) Heath bars, crushed
- 3 small
boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- Put cake cubes into a bowl.
- Heat fudge topping and coffee liqueur in microwave. Pour fudge mixture over the
- Take five crushed Heath candy bars and crumble evenly over the fudge sauce and
- Whisk pudding and whipping cream until thick - DO NOT use mixer. Pour over cake
mixture in the bowl. Put bowl in the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.
- In a trifle dish or punch bowl, layer half of the thickened cake mixture, sliced
bananas and whipped topping. Repeat layers, end with whipped topping.
- Crumbled remaining crushed Heath bar on top.
Source: A Legacy of Faith: Finest & Best Cuisine published by First
Baptist Church, Baton Rouge, Louisiana