Georgia Peach Trifle
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 6 large fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 (20 ounce) pound cake
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, using 2 cups milk. Cover
and chill for 5 minutes.
- Toss sliced peaches with granulated sugar.
- Cut pound cake into 1/2-inch slices. Place half of cake slices on bottom of a
trifle dish or deep bowl; drizzle evenly with half of bourbon. Spoon half of peach
mixture evenly over cake slices. Spread half of pudding over peaches.
- Repeat with
remaining cake slices, bourbon, peach mixture, and pudding.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually
add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Spread whipped cream over trifle;
sprinkle with almonds.
Makes 8 servings.
Source: Southern Living, July 2004
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.