Luscious lemon cream, ribbon-striped pound cake and a tart berry sauce are layered
in this no-bake summer classic.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 (18 ounce) jar seedless blackberry jam or preserves (divided)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cream sherry
- 1 (10 to 12 ounce) jar prepared lemon curd, or homemade
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Fresh raspberries and mint springs for garnish
- In medium bowl, combine thawed berries with 1 cup of the jam. Strain seeds through
fine sieve; discard seeds. Chill.
- Cut pound cake in 1/2-inch thick slices. Split each piece into -inch thick slices;
spread remaining jam over half the slices. Sandwich pieces together and cut into
1/2-inch cubes. Drizzle sherry over cubes; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine lemon curd and whipping cream. Blend at low speed until
evenly mixed. Increase speed to high and beat until medium peaks form; chill.
- To assemble: Spoon 2 tablespoons berry sauce into bottom of each large wineglass.
Top with 1/4 cup of cake cubes. Add 1/4 cup lemon cream mixture. Repeat layers.
Chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint sprigs.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 12/17/2001 7:26 am.
Source: Show Me St. Louis
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.