This is a very elegant dessert.
- 1 (10 to 11 ounce) pound cake
- 1/2 cup cream sherry
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 or 4 kiwi fruit, pared and cut unto 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cream sherry or vanilla extract
- Cake: Cut pound cake in 1/2-inch slices; drizzle with sherry. Spread two-thirds of
slices with preserves. Place about one-third of cake slices spread with preserves
in 2 1/2 to 3-quart bowl; spread with 1/2 cup custard. Repeat. End with plain cake
slices and custard.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Arrange kiwi fruit over custard. Whip cream until stiff; stir in confectioners'
sugar and vanilla extract. Pipe whipped cream around edge; sprinkle cream with almonds.
- Custard: Beat eggs; add milk, sugar and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat
until mixture coats metal spoon. Cool; stir occasionally. Stir in cream sherry or
vanilla extract. Custard made from a package can be substituted.
- Garnish with whipped cream and sliced almonds.
Yield: 12 to 16 servings; 2 cups Custard
Tip: For individual serving, sprinkle 1/2-inch slice pound cake with 1 1/2 teaspoon
cream sherry. Spread with 1 1/2 teaspoons raspberry jam; top with 1/4 cup custard
or pudding. Arrange 1/2 kiwi fruit, sliced, over custard.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.