Lemon and Wisconsin Mascarpone Tiramisu
The citrusy tang of lemon gives this tiramisu a welcome lightness and Mascarpone
gives it a satisfying, luxurious taste.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup cream sherry or 1 1/2 teaspoons sherry extract, optional
- 2 (3-ounce) packages soft ladyfingers
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces Wisconsin Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (10 to 11 1/4 ounce) jar lemon curd
- 1/2 cup lemon yogurt, preferably whole milk
- Combine lemon juice and 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar in small bowl.
Stir to dissolve sugar. Add sherry, if desired. Reserve three (doubled) lady fingers
- Brush bottom of 8-inch square glass dish lightly with lemon juice mixture; place
one layer of split ladyfingers, cut side up, over bottom of dish. Brush with half
of lemon juice mixture.
- In large mixer bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Beat in 1/4 cup of remaining
confectioners' sugar; set aside.
- Place cheese in mixer bowl, stir until softened. Gradually beat in remaining
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Beat just until light and fluffy.
Fold whipped cream into cheese mixture with rubber spatula; set aside.
- Beat lemon curd and yogurt on medium speed of electric mixer until blended. Spread
half of lemon curd mixture over ladyfingers; top with half of cheese mixture. Place
another layer of ladyfingers, cut side up over cheese mixture. Brush with remaining
lemon juice mixture. Layer with remaining lemon curd and cheese mixtures. Place
reserved ladyfingers in food processor or blender; process to fine crumbs and sprinkle over tiramisu.
- Cover and chill for at least 6 hours.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.