Mandarin Cheesecake Trifle
- 6 (284 ml) cans whole mandarin orange segments, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons orange juice or orange liqueur
- 3 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pound cake, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- With an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and sugar until very smooth.
Add 3 tablespoons orange juice or orange liqueur. Fold in whipped cream.
- In either a single large glass trifle bowl or 10-12 individual dessert dishes,
assemble trifle beginning with one-half of the cake slices (adjust slices of cake
for individual desserts).
- Drizzle cake with 2 tablespoons orange juice or liqueur,
then top with 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture and 1/2 of the mandarin segments,
making sure the mandarins are visible against the side of the bowl.
- Repeat, reserving a few mandarin segments.
- Top with remaining cream cheese mixture and garnish with
reserved mandarin segments.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.