- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (12 ounce) frozen whipped topping, thawed*
- 1/2 cup chocolate flavor syrup
- Unfold the puff pastry and place each sheet on a baking sheet. Bake according
to the package directions until golden. Allow the pastry to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the pudding mix and milk until thickened. Stir in half
of the whipped topping until thoroughly mixed.
- Break the cooled pastry into large pieces and place one third of them in the
bottom of a large glass bowl or trifle dish. Spoon half of the pudding mixture over
that and drizzle with one third of the chocolate syrup.
- Repeat the layers then top
with the remaining broken-up pastry, the whipped topping, and the remaining chocolate
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
10 to 12 servings
* For extra-rich flavor and texture, whip a pint of heavy cream and use instead
of whipped topping.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.