Orange Cream Trifle
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes vanilla instant pudding
- 1 (3 ounce) package Dream Whip (2 envelopes)
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Drain orange sections, reserving syrup. Place sections on paper towel-lined pan
- Meanwhile, beat together pudding mix, Dream Whip, milk, cream and extract until
blended on low speed of electric mixer. Turn mixer to medium speed and beat 5 minutes
until thick and fluffy, occasionally scraping bowl with spatula.
- Split ladyfingers and line bottom and sides of a pretty, glass 2-quart bowl with
2/3 of them. Drizzle with 1/2 of reserved orange syrup. Spoon half of pudding mixture
over top. Arrange the remaining ladyfingers on top and drizzle with syrup. Spoon
remaining pudding into mound high in center. Arrange orange slices on top.
- In saucepan over high heat melt sugar, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove
from heat and let stand 2 minutes.
- With spoon, drizzle over pudding in strands.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.