Peach Oatmeal Trifle
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups peaches, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup oatmeal cookies, crumbled
- In a mixing bowl, whip the cream and brown sugar to soft peaks. Add the rum or
maple syrup and continue whipping to stiff peaks.
- Toss the peaches with the lemon juice.
- In a 1 1/2-quart deep glass bowl or 4 individual goblets or deep dessert dishes,
make a layer of about 1/3 of the whipped cream, then about 1/2 the peaches. Sprinkle
with about 1/2 the cookies.
- Make another layer of half of the remaining whipped
cream, then all of the remaining peaches. Spread the top with the remaining whipped
cream, then sprinkle with the remaining cookies.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 hours before serving.
Yields 4 servings.