Pineapple Angel Trifle
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 2 small boxes vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (10-inch) angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Drain pineapple tidbits, reserving 1 cup juice; set aside.
- Combine instant pudding mix, 1/2 cup reserved juice and milk in a large mixing
bowl; beat at low speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until thickened. Fold
in sour cream and pineapple tidbits.
- Place one-third of cake cubes in bottom of a pretty 4-quart glass bowl; drizzle
with 2 to 3 tablespoons remaining reserved pineapple juice. Spoon one-third of pudding
mixture over cake. Repeat procedure twice, ending with pudding mixture.
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, spread top with whipped topping. Garnish with mint leaves
and/or pineapple slices.
Yield: 12 servings