- 2 cups prepared crumbled unfrosted spice cake, muffins or gingerbread
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 1/2 cups cold non-fat milk
- 4 small boxes instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Maraschino cherries (optional)
- Set aside 1/4 cup of cake crumbs for top. Divide remaining crumbs into four portions;
sprinkle one portion into the bottom of a trifle bowl or 3-quart serving bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, spices, milk and pudding mixes; mix
until smooth. Spoon half into the serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with a second portion of crumbs.
- Whip cream until stiff; spoon half
into bowl. Sprinkle with a third portion of crumbs. Top with the remaining pumpkin
mixture, then last portion of crumbs and remaining whipped cream. Sprinkle the reserved
crumbs on top, around the edge of the bowl. Place cherries in the center, if desired.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Yield: 12 servings