Raspberry Melba Trifle
- 1 sponge cake
- 8 ounces raspberry jam (or jelly)
- 1/2 cup Amaretto
- 1/2 cup slivered and toasted almonds
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped with vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- Put a thin layer of raspberry jam on the bottom of trifle bowl.
- Begin to
layer: cake, generously sprinkle with liqueur, almonds, whipped cream, strawberries
(or peaches, bananas, etc.).
- Repeat with cake and jam (very little or it will be too sweet).
- Decorate the last layer with remaining toasted almonds and whole strawberries.