- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen red raspberries in light syrup
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons coffee-flavor liqueur
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 2/3 cup vanilla wafers, coarsely crumbled (about 40 cookies)
- Fresh raspberries (garnish)
- About 3 hours before serving or early in day: Thaw frozen raspberries as label
- Meanwhile, grate semi-sweet chocolate. Reserve 1/4 cup grated chocolate
- In large bowl, with wire whisk or fork, beat cream cheese, coffee flavor
liqueur, milk, vanilla extract, and remaining grated chocolate until well blended.
- In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat heavy or whipping cream and confectioners'
sugar until stiff peaks forms. Reserve 2 cups mixture for topping.
- With rubber spatula or wire whisk, fold in remaining 1 cup whipped cream mixture.
- Into 8 dessert glasses, place half of crumbled vanilla wafers; top with half
of cream mixture. Spoon half of thawed raspberries with their syrup over cheese
mixture; top with remaining vanilla wafers, remaining thawed raspberries, then with
remaining cheese mixture.
- Spoon reserved whipped cream mixture into decorating bag with small rosette tube.
Pipe whipped cream around edge of each dessert glass. Sprinkle reserved grated chocolate
in center of each dessert.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to blend flavor.
Makes 8 servings.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 10/9/2001 6:14 pm.