- 24 ounces (6 cups) frozen raspberries,thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons Gran Marnier
- 2/3 cup cold water
Creamy Cheese Filling
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Mascarpone cheese,at room temperature
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Filling and Garnish
- 1 (2 ounce) bar good quality dark chocolate
- Raspberry Filling: In a medium bowl mix together prepared raspberries and sugar
and set aside.
- Sugar Syrup: Mix together 1/2 cup water and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat on
medium/low, stirring often, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat add Gran
Marnier and 2/3 cup cold water. Set aside.
- Creamy Cheese Filling: Place Mascarpone cheese in a large mixing bowl and whip
with electric mixer or by hand until light and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream, sugar and vanilla with mixer until stiff
- Gently fold one fourth of the whipped cream into Mascarpone cheese using a rubber
spatula, to lighten. Fold remaining whipped cream into the mixture and set aside.
- Chocolate Filling and Garnish: Divide chocolate bar in half. Grate half of the
chocolate for the filling using a box grater. Make chocolate curls with the second
half of bar, by using a vegetable peeler and pressing firmly on a smooth edge of
the bar and peeling curls off on a sheet of waxed paper. (You may have to warm bar
slightly under table lamp to create curls) Do not touch curls, refrigerate until
ready to use.
- Asembly: Dip ladyfingers into cooled sugar syrup and line the bottom of a 13x
9x 2-inch pan.
- Cut remaining dipped ladyfingers in half and line the sides, coming just to the
top of the pan.
- Spread half of the Mascarpone cheese mixture on the ladyfingers.
- Top with grated chocolate to lightly cover the Mascarpone layer.
- Spread with all of the raspberry mixture.
- Spread remaining Mascarpone mixture over raspberries, being careful to keep the
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with chocolate curls and garnish with fresh raspberries.
Prep Time: 1 hr | 12 hr refrigeration | Serves: 12-15
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Oregon Raspberry and Blackberry Commission