Raspberry Trifle with Rum Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon imitation rum extract
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam (Knott's Berry Farm)
- 1 (12 ounce) frozen pound cake (Sara Lee), thawed and cut into quarter-size cubes
- 3 (4 ounce) containers refrigerated prepared vanilla pudding (Jell-O)
- Fresh raspberries
- Heat butter in a large glass bowl in microwave on HIGH until melted, about 30
- Whisk in powdered sugar, rum extract and water, stirring to form a smooth
- Heat jam in a small glass bowl in microwave on HIGH until just melted, about
- In six small bowls or wineglasses, evenly distribute pound-cake cubes.
Pack cubes down slightly. Drizzle rum sauce and jam evenly over each. Spoon 3 tablespoons
of pudding evenly over each.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with raspberries and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Source: Semi-Homemade by Sandra Lee