- 1 recipe stewed rhubarb
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix, prepared
- 1 recipe basic soft custard
- 1 1/4 cup cream sherry
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces (reserve 6 to 8 pieces for garnish)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Prepare stewed rhubarb and make about 3 1/2 cups of custard while the cake bakes.
- Whip cream with sugar and vanilla extract until soft peaks form; chill.
- Allow cake, custard and rhubarb to cool.
- Use a large, attractive bowl, preferably glass, to assemble the trifle in. Place
1/3 of the cake in the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with 1/3 of the sherry. Spread
1/3 of the rhubarb evenly over it. Pour 1/3 of the custard and sprinkle with 1/3
of the nuts. Continue layering cake, sherry, rhubarb, custard and nuts until the
ingredients are used up. Spread whipped cream over trifle to cover it completely.
- Decorate top with nuts and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve cold.
Yields 12 to 14 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Trifle and Tiramisu Recipes