- 1/2 cup light rum
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
small box vanilla pudding (not instant)
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup chilled heavy
- 8 cups angel food cake, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 maraschino cherries
- Sliced almonds, toasted
- Pour rum over raisins and slivered almonds in a small bowl. Let soak for 1 hour.
- In a medium saucepan, mix pudding with 2 1/2 cups milk. Cook over medium heat until
it boils. When pudding has cooled, whip the chilled cream and fold one-half of the
whipped cream into pudding.
- In trifle bowl or other pretty, clear crystal bowl,
layer 1/3 cake cubes. Sprinkle with 1/3 rum mixture, then 1/3 pudding. Repeat layer
twice, ending with pudding.
- Cover and refrigerate a minimum of 3 hours and a maximum
of 24 hours before serving.
- Garnish with remaining whipped cream, maraschino cherries
and toasted sliced almonds.
Yields 10 servings.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.