- 1/2 cup light rum
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 small box vanilla pudding (not instant)
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- 8 cups angel food cake, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 maraschino cherries
- Sliced almonds, toasted
- Pour rum over raisins and slivered almonds in a small bowl. Let soak for 1 hour.
- In a medium saucepan, mix pudding with 2 1/2 cups milk. Cook over medium heat until
it boils. When pudding has cooled, whip the chilled cream and fold one-half of the
whipped cream into pudding.
- In trifle bowl or other pretty, clear crystal bowl,
layer 1/3 cake cubes. Sprinkle with 1/3 rum mixture, then 1/3 pudding. Repeat layer
twice, ending with pudding.
- Cover and refrigerate a minimum of 3 hours and a maximum
of 24 hours before serving.
- Garnish with remaining whipped cream, maraschino cherries
and toasted sliced almonds.
Yields 10 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Trifle and Tiramisu Recipes