Strawberry Banana Marquise
- 1 prepared (12-to 16-ounce) angel food cake
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, plus
9 whole strawberries for garnish
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
(about half of a 12 ounce jar)
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant
vanilla pudding mix or 1 (3.3 ounce) package instant white
chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 (12 ounce)
container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed in refrigerator,
- Line a 3-quart (large) bowl with plastic wrap. Slice the cake into 20 pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the sliced strawberries with the strawberry preserves,
- In a medium bowl, prepare the pudding according to package directions, but using
only the 1 1/4 cups of milk, stirring until the pudding thickens. Fold in 2 cups
of the whipped topping, refrigerating the rest.
- Slice the bananas into the strawberry mixture and stir well to coat them.
- Cover the bottom of the lined bowl with 4 or 5 cake slices. Cover with half of
the strawberry-banana mixture, spread evenly. Cover with half of the pudding mixture,
spread evenly. Add a layer of cake slices (about 7), pressing lightly. Repeat layers
of strawberry-banana mixture and pudding mixture. Finish with a last layer of about
8 cake slices, pressing lightly.
- Wrap bowl in plastic and refrigerate at least 4
- Just before serving, remove outer plastic wrap, cover bowl with serving plate
and invert. Remove bowl and plastic wrap.
- Frost with remaining whipped topping.
- Slice remaining strawberries in half lengthwise and space evenly around the bottom
of the finished marquise.
- Slice to serve.
Serves 12 to 16.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 7/31/2001 5:48 pm.