Strawberry Banana Trifle
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups 1/2-inch cubes pound cake
- 1 (4 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup sliced bananas
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup thawed whipped topping
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add ice cubes to cold water to make 1 1/4
cups. Add to gelatin; stir until slightly thickened. Remove unmelted ice. Stir in
bananas and strawberries.
- Place cake cubes in large serving bowl; sprinkle with orange juice. Spoon gelatin
mixture over cake. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Prepare pudding mix with 1 1/2 cups milk as directed on package. Let stand a
few minutes to thicken.
- Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into bowl over gelatin.
Makes 10 servings.