Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
- 2 to 2 1/2 quarts strawberries, sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 to 3 tablespoons almond extract
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (16 ounce) container whipped topping or 1 pint cream, whipped
- 1 large angel food cake, torn into pieces
- Set aside some berries for garnish. Mix remaining berries with sugar and almond
extract. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and almond
extract. Fold in whipped cream.
- In a trifle bowl: layer half of the cake, half of the berries, then half of the
cream cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Garnish with remaining berries.