- 1 medium-size angel food cake
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- Few drops red food coloring
- Cake: Break angel food cake into bite-size pieces.
- Cream the confectioners'
sugar and cream cheese together until smooth. Add the whipped topping and blend
well. Starting and ending with the creamed mixture, alternate layers of the creamed
mixture and the angel food cake in a 9- or 10-inch diameter glass bowl that is about
5 inches deep.
- Top with Strawberry Filling.
- Strawberry Filling: Wash and cap strawberries. Slice 1 cup of the berries. Mix
sugar and cornstarch in a 2-quart saucepan. Stir in water gradually and mix until
smooth. Add sliced berries. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and clear.
Stir in food coloring.
- Cool and add remaining berries.
Serves 10 to 12.