Strawberry Rhubarb Tiramisu
- 4 cups rhubarb (1 pound)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 24 ladyfingers (preferably Italian)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons mascarpone
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest or vanilla extract
- Tiramisu: Cook rhubarb with sugar and water for 5 minutes.
- Slice strawberries. Sprinkle with sugar and let stand for 1 hour.
- Cream: Beat egg yolks with sugar until light and fluffy. Add mascarpone and cottage
cheese blended together. Add lemon zest or vanilla extract.
- Beat egg whites with dash of salt until stiff and add to cream mixture.
- Assembly: Layer bowl with half of ladyfingers and wet them with rhubarb or strawberry
juice. Over this, put a layer of rhubarb, a layer of strawberries, half of the cream
and then repeat, finishing with cream.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Decorate with strawberries before serving.