Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups vanilla pudding
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups pound cake cubes (1/2-inch)
- Reserve 3 or 4 berries for garnish. Slice 1 cup berries; arrange along sides
of clear straight-sided 1 1/2-quart bowl.
- Blend remaining berries in blender or food processor; add sugar.
- In a mixer bowl, beat pudding and cream cheese with electric mixer on medium
speed until combined. Place 1/2 cake in bottom of dish. Pour 1/2 the pureed berries
over cake. Top with 1/2 the pudding mixture.
- Cover and chill for 24 hours.
- Garnish with reserved berries just before serving.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.