- 2 (8 ounce) packages Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen light whipped topping, defrosted
- 1 cup strong coffee, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 1 1/2 pint baskets California strawberries (18 ounce total), stemmed and sliced
- 24 ladyfingers, split in half
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- In large mixer bowl, beat Neufchatel cheese and powdered sugar until well blended.
- Gradually fold in whipped topping to blend. In small bowl, combine coffee and
liqueur, if desired.
- Line an 8-inch square glass baking dish with enough ladyfinger halves to cover
bottom; place rounded sides down. If necessary, cut ladyfingers to fit dish.
- Spoon 1/3 cup coffee mixture evenly over ladyfingers.
- Top with one-third of the cheese mixture (about one cup), spread evenly.
- Layer one-third of the strawberries (1 rounded cup) over cheese.
- Repeat layers two more times, ending with cheese and reserving remaining strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate tiramisu and reserved strawberries at least 1 hour or up
to 24 hours.
- To serve, remove cover; sift cocoa powder over top. Arrange reserved strawberries
- Serve immediately.
Makes 12 servings
Nutritional Information: 250 calories; 13 g fat; 105 mg cholesterol; 200
mg sodium; 28 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 7 g protein
Recipe credit: California Strawberry Commission
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Trifle and Tiramisu Recipes