- 3 tablespoons rum or sherry (optional)
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen strawberry
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix*
- 3 cups regular vanilla
pudding (not instant)
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream or prepared topping
- Soak strawberries and juice in rum or sherry.
- Bake cake in 8- or 9-inch round pan as directed on package. Cool.
- Split each layer
in two. Place one layer of cake in bottom of clear glass serving trifle dish. Alternate
strawberries, pudding and cake throughout the glass bowl. End with pudding.
chill for at least 4 hours.
- Beat cream with sugar until stiff, spread over trifle and garnish with fresh
* You may substitute pound cake or angel food cake.