- 3 tablespoons rum or sherry (optional)
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen strawberry halves, thawed
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix*
- 3 cups regular vanilla pudding (not instant)
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream or prepared topping
- Soak strawberries and juice in rum or sherry.
- Bake cake in 8- or 9-inch round pan as directed on package. Cool.
- Split each layer
in two. Place one layer of cake in bottom of clear glass serving trifle dish. Alternate
strawberries, pudding and cake throughout the glass bowl. End with pudding.
- Cover; chill for at least 4 hours.
- Beat cream with sugar until stiff, spread over trifle and garnish with fresh
* You may substitute pound cake or angel food cake.