- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups espresso, warm (fresh or instant)
- 1 ounce dark rum
- 1 ounce amaretto
- 1 pound package lady fingers
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- Whip cream with 1/4 cup of sugar until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Mix espresso with 1/2 cup sugar, rum and amaretto. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 1/4 cup sugar into mascarpone until smooth. Dip the
lady fingers into espresso mixture one by one and place a single layer of soaked
lady fingers in a serving dish. Top first layer of lady fingers with mascarpone
mixture. Repeat with soaked lady fingers and mascarpone followed by the final layer
of soaked lady fingers topped with the soft whipped cream.
- Place in refrigerator to set for at least four hours.