As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3 ounce) package ladyfingers or 12 ladyfingers, split
- 3 tablespoons light rum or pineapple juice
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut, toasted
- For custard, in a heavy medium saucepan lightly beat eggs just until mixed.
- Stir in milk and the 1/4 cup sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture
just coats a metal spoon, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in the 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Pour custard into a bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap.
- Let stand 30 minutes or until cool.
- Tear ladyfingers into 1-inch pieces. In a 2-quart clear glass serving bowl arrange
half of the ladyfingers.
- Sprinkle with half of the rum or pineapple juice.
- Top with half of the mangoes and half of the pineapple.
- Pour half of the custard over the fruit.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
- Just before serving, in a chilled small mixing bowl combine whipping cream, the
2 tablespoons sugar, and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat with an electric
mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Pipe or spread whipped cream over trifle. Sprinkle with coconut.
Yield: 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Trifle and Tiramisu Recipes