- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons diabetic sweetener
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup minced apples
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Put muffin liners into muffin pan.
- Sift flour, diabetic sweetener, baking powder, salt and spices into mixing bowl.
- Combine egg, milk and shortening, add to dry ingredients. Blend until flour is moist. The batter should be lumpy. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in minced apples. Fill muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Diabetic exchange: equals 1 piece of bread