Carrot Raisin Muffins
22% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Equal Spoonful *
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups peeled grated carrots (about 2 medium) or parsnips
- 1/2 cup raisins or currants
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup apple butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* May substitute 18 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine flour, Equal, cinnamon, baking powder and soda, and salt.
- Stir in carrots, raisins and nuts.
- Combine apple butter, vegetable oil, egg and egg whites, and vanilla until blended.
- Stir liquid mixture into dry ingredients just until blended.
- Fill paper-lined 2 1/2 inch muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven 17 to 19 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Remove muffins and cool slightly.
- Serve warm.
Makes 12 muffins
Nutrition information per serving: 190 cal., 4g pro., 31g carb., 6g fat, 18 mg chol., 265 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes