Cinnamon Sugared Pumpkin-Pecan Muffins
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 to 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup 100% bran cereal
- 1 cup milk (can use skim milk)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (2 ounce) package pecan chips
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat nonstick 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl for topping; set aside.
- Blend cereal and milk in large bowl; set aside 5 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, remaining sugar and cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl; mix well.
- Whisk pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract into softened cereal.
- Gently fold in flour mixture just until blended. DO NOT OVER-MIX!
- Spoon equal amounts of batter into each muffin cup; sprinkle evenly with pecan chips. Sprinkle with reserved cinnamon-sugar topping.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack 3 minutes before removing muffins from pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 12 servings
Posted by Cookin'Mom at Recipe Goldmine 10/23/2001 9:46 pm.
Source: Diabetic Cooking (Nov./Dec. 2001)
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes