Fresh Peach Muffins
- 1 cup peeled, chopped fresh ripe peaches
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup canola or corn oil
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick pan spray or line the muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine the peaches and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir to mix; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, mace and salt; mix thoroughly.
- Beat the egg, oil, and milk together in a small bowl. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until the flour is moistened. Fold in the peaches.
- Divide batter among the muffin cups; each will be about 2/3 cull.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the pan immediately to avoid sticking.
Yield: 12 muffins
Calories: 154 Protein: 4 g Sodium: 156 mg Cholesterol: 18 mg Fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 23 g
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 1 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Diabetic Recipes