All the flavor of the dessert made into a muffin. With 32% fewer
calories than the traditional recipe because of Equal and less oil,
you can enjoy them frequently.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Kellogg's Special K cereal, crushed to 1 cup
- 3/4 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons light molasses
* May substitute 18 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine flour, crushed cereal, Equal, raisins, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, baking soda and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Stir in buttermilk, egg whites, vegetable oil and molasses only until all ingredients are moistened.
- Fill paper lined 2-1/2 inch muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan and serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 12 muffins
Nutrition information per serving: 152 cal. , 4 g pro., 26 g carb., 4 g fat, 1 mg chol., 273 mg sodium
Food exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat